Tuesday, September 29, 2009

18-21 Months

So I'm actually 21 months old now, but we'll backtrack a bit, for old times sake . . .

At my 18 month appt, I weighed 23.5 pounds and measured 32 inches tall. I have 16 teeth (including my recently errupted canines). Some of my accomplishments in the past 3 months include: mastering a spoon and fork, speaking at least 50 words (a lot more now, Mom stopped keeping track after I turned 18 months old and putting my words together in complete sentences), identifying and naming all of my body parts, and can tell you how old I am. I have also learned about 10 letters of the alphabet by associating them with the names of people and things I love! :) I can even sing the entire alphabet fairly well, right through "now I know my ABCs". I can identify all of my shapes, including octagon (that one sure surprised Mommy, Daddy, and Grandma). I also know all of my colors - my favorite color is purple. I love to help around the house - I feed the dogs every night, unload the dishwasher, and put the laundry in the dryer. Animals are still my most favorite thing, except for bugs, not very fond of those, unless it comes to chasing spiders or smashing ants (much to Mom's dismay). Most recently I got to spend time with Grandma Kay and Grandaddy Nip's goats, and Packer the donkey during my trip to Wisconsin - this has also assisted me in perfecting my animal noises. Lastly, I've been practicing my bike riding skills every day - first step was actually keeping my feet on the pedals, and now I am slowly but steadily learning how to push them myself!
I've been really busy since my last post; below are some highlights of me meeting new animals at the Georgia Aquarium and Yellow River Game Ranch, riding "horsey", and Thanksgiving! (As always, you can view more pictures in the slide show below, or visit my web album).








































No comments: